Release Notes - 0.0.9-r163 (Jan 26, 2023)

What’s changing

• Auto-updates! upon running flox activate to enter an environment, a check will run to see if your clone is synced with the upstream repository. The behavior of this setting can be managed via the AUTOUPDATE environment variable: set it to 0 to disable autoupdate, 1 to be notified of an update upon environment activation, and 2 to always autoupdate.

• Environment commands. Following the introduction of a flox.nix environment file in a project environment, the following commands are now supported in a project: edit, install, remove, and upgrade.

• Unsubscribe. flox unsubscribe is now an interactive menu to select which channel to unsubscribe from.

• Package versions. flox list will now include the package version number in a new column in the output.

This release also includes a bevy of stability and performance improvements.
To upgrade to the latest version, follow the upgrade instructions here.

Enjoy! Let us know if you run into any issues via Discourse.

1 Like

Hei, I was trying to update following the “Nix/Generic” instructions for an installation to my personal profile and hit:

fetching Git repository 'ssh://git@github.com/flox/flox-bash'ERROR: Repository not found.
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.
error: program 'git' failed with exit code 128
(use '--show-trace' to show detailed location information)

I uninstalled and tried to re-install using the “Nix/NixOS” instructions, again to a personal profile, but I hit the same error:

roberto@captain-easychord:~ nix profile install --impure 'github:flox/floxpkgs#flox.fromCatalog' \
                        --experimental-features "nix-command flakes" \
                        --accept-flake-config \
                        --access-tokens 'github.com=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'
[1 copied (127.9 MiB), 21.9 MiB DL] fetching Git repository 'ssh://git@github.com/flox/flox-bash'ERROR: Repository not found.
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.
error: program 'git' failed with exit code 128
(use '--show-trace' to show detailed location information)

Thanks! This should be fixed now. Please try again.

1 Like